The fixed term contract is for a period of 12 months, 30 May 2022 to 30 April 2023.
CAYMAN NATIONAL CULTURAL FOUNDATION
invites applications for the following post:
Programmes Assistant (Fixed-term Contract)
The successful candidate will assist the Programmes Manager with the development, promotion, coordination and efficient execution of annual and bi-annual cultural festivals including, Cayfest–the Cayman Islands National Festival of Arts, Young-at-Arts Summer Camp, and Gimistory International Storytelling Festival, as well as providing assistance for general CNCF programming and school tours.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Programmes Manager with festival logistics including communications and event preparation and execution with all partners, venues, artists and organisations;
- Develop educational resources relating to CNCF cultural events and programming;
- Coordinate school visits and tour of both the Harquail Theatre and Minds Eye Centre; and
- Support the setting up of the Minds Eye Centre for programming as CNCF’s premier education space
- Contribute content for programming-related public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution in collaboration with the marketing team;
- Help facilitate participation from local arts community (actors, musicians, dancers and other creatives) in the various aspects of the festivals and programmes;
- Order equipment, prizes and supplies for events and activities during the year; and
- Provide support for productions and special events on occasion.
The successful applicant will possess:
- a minimum of an associate degree in cultural studies, arts education, arts administration, teaching or a related field, with at least two years’ experience in a professional environment
- have a genuine desire to work in the arts and cultural development
- knowledge of Caymanian history, art and culture
- be articulate, with strong communications skills and comfortable in high pressure environments
- be computer literate (proficient in MS Office and Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop)
- be able to interact with people both within and outside of the organisation in a professional and courteous manner
- be able to work weekends or after hours on occasion
- have a valid Cayman Islands driver’s license and own transportation.
Application Deadline: 16 May 2022
For the full Job Description and application form, visit our website www.artscayman.org
Benefits are determined in accordance with the Cayman Islands Labour Law and the Public Service Management Law and Regulations.
Along with your resume and application form, please also submit two (2) professional references to email@example.com